28 July 2007

July 2007


Well, it has been a busy few months. Winter has treated us well. We have had many very warm days and lovely walks in between chilly, windy weather.
James is busy building a Wendy house/Fort down at the bottom of the garden. When the weather is fine AND it is weekend, he has been hard at work.

We have also changed our school room and we now have a long desk/counter all along one side. Eventually it will have shelves underneath and we will make one whole other wall for shelves. Above the counter is a new HUGE pinboard.

We have got into a lovely routine of doing school from 9am to 12 am. Some days we finish up early. We always do "work" first, and crafts later. Our day largely depends on Shelley. Joel is reading really well. He likes Maths, but dislikes colouring in. I am busy compiling his mid year assesment/report. Emma has been so keen to join in school that I now have to prepare "work" for her too.


Shelley is a slow teether. She is sporting two new teeth. She crawls around fast now and pulls herself up against furniture too. She is very sweet with the children. She can wave and say "meouw". She really loves Dad, and squeals in delight for him.

I am finding it rewarding being at home with the children. We now have our house help only twice a week and I have not found it stressful, I have enjoyed doing things myself.

Well, there is still a lot I could say about this last month, but I may post again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, so exciting to see pics of the kids. Can't believe how big they're getting. Look forward to hearing more stories. ciao Craig

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other families, please leave your comments ;-)