29 February 2008

Emma-lee turns four!


On Sunday Emma will turn four years old. This afternoon we had a little party for her. She wanted a butterfly party. We don't really go wild over parties in this family, but I think it was special and that she enjoyed it.

My biggest concern is to limit the sweets. So I put water melon, grapes, chips and popcorn on the table first. Later I brought out some iced biscuits, the cake and a small bag for each child. In the bag was a biscuit, a toffee and a sucker. That seemed like plenty to me, considering the cake was plastered with Smarties too!

Some of the guests wore wings, and we stuck butterfly stickers on the windows. I made a butterfly cake. We played pass-the-parcel and the children hunted for Easter eggs in the garden. I hid those ones with marshmallow in them. I always use those at Em's party as an extra sweet.

Now I'm having a good old soak and early bed, I'm exhausted.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Her cake is beautiful! I'm glad you had fun (and the party wasn't ruined by illness).

    Happy Birthday, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and happy birthday! Can't believe it's 4 years. Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry we couldn't share it with you.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,what a beautiful bunch of children and stunning photos.I am having a combined birthday for my 2 this april and am exhausted already just thinking about it!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cake Lindy! I miss proper Smarties, we have Smarties here in the US too, but they're completely different to what I grew up eating in SA :) You have a lovely family and we'll be praying for you for tomorrow morning. I think it's awesome that you are using Weaver, is it difficult to adapt for use with your family with all the Americanisms and the US history?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other families, please leave your comments ;-)