09 July 2011

Warming up the chill!


Yeah! I got my new camera. Thanks so much James ;-) I've been playing with Picassa and created a collage.

We've had some really freezing weather and have been cooped up for days. So it feels as if we have not done anything in ages. I have also not been well, the children have been so good, even though I've spent most days in bed, they've really understood and being so well-behaved. Some family friends popped by on Sunday past for lunch, so I quickly snapped the children, all looking scruffy.

The girls and I went for a drive with my sister and niece to the farm her husband manages, for a change of scenery. It's situated in the Belmont Valley, in summer, it's lush and green. We all bundled on our coats and beanies. Joel was feeling poorly, so decided not to risk the car trip along the twisty Stoneshill road. The background, which of course you cannot see, is a grove of pecan nut trees in their winter colours and some old cabbage lands. I really thought the trees looked stunning, all naked and bare, but my sister disagreed. We had a cuppa coffee and Milo as we watched a tractor and some machinery attached to it, fertilise a current cabbage field, which the girls enjoyed. There is a backdrop of mountains, so we were huddled down in the valley, it was beautiful to get out. And...we came home with some farm produce, an enormous butternut and a pumpkin, so some soup will be on the menu soon.

The centre pic is a little love from my Emma-lee, top left, a little note and some lavender and felicia in a vase. These are the things I want to remember.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Like to see another family using The Weaver! Hope to learn a lot from your experiences...God bless your homeschooling journey!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other families, please leave your comments ;-)